Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Applications of Blogging

There is no question that a blog has numerus potential applications. It can be used as an outlet for people to vent, for information to be disseminated, to connect people across the world quickly and easily, for creating community, the list goes on and on. But what will I use a blog for?? Now that is a good question. I can use it right now to document my experiences and things I have come across that might be useful to me in the future, but how do I know what will be useful in the future? At this point I am thinking that I could most likely see myself using a blog to communicate information about my class and other things I find interesting and relevant to students, parents, guardians etc. when they are not at school. However, I think as I continue this journey and process my views of blogs and their use could definitely change.

For example, I might post something like these podcasts on a blog that I would encourage my students to look into...


We could then follow up on this post by having students comment back to me on the blog itself or simply give students access to the information through the blog so that we can then discuss this information in class.

I am most definitely open to exploring more uses for blogs in the classroom and look forward to learning more throughout this year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and especially the link 'schools 2 prisons.'

    ReplyDelete