Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Blurb About Me

My name is Alexandria Charlotte Watilo, but most people just call me Alex. I have two younger sisters that mean the world to me and two parents that are my role models, friends, and inspiration. I would be lost without my boyfriend and good friends who provide me with an endless amount of good times and love. I play softball at Willamette University and don't know what I would do without sports in my life. Some random tidbits; I love to read, go camping, be by the water whether it be a pond or an ocean, ride quads, dirtbikes, and snowmobiles, scrapbook when I can find the time, travel, I am allergic to shrimp and can't stand peanut butter, I like the idea of eating healthy but love junkfood, I have a tortoise named Daphne... If there's more you want to know, ask. I'm an open book.

But let's get down to what this blog is really all about. It's supposed to be about education, schools, technology, what my role as an educator is going to be, teaching, learning, growing. So at this point in my journey I hope to become a High School History/Social Studies teacher. I may also teach Middle School and if so I hope its math because my knowledge of ancient Mesopotamia and other Middle School Social Studies topics leave much to be desired. This blog will follow me through my journey of "becoming an educator" and hopefully be something I can continue, and look back, on as my experiences take me beyond the realm of a Master's program.

No comments:

Post a Comment